The History of Dance
A brief dance history of ballroom, breakdance, country, fad, flamenco, hiphop, jazz and Latin dance, salsa, swing, tango and western.
- Argentine Tango - history of Argentine Tango and Milonga.
- Argentine Tango History - Milonga and Argentine Tango history by Mike Higgins
- Ballet History - Into a fantasy world: A history of ballet (offsite: CBC)
- Breakdance - traces the origins of break dance.
- Cha Cha - history of cha cha.
- Clogging - clog dancing or clogging, as it is sometimes known, takes its origins from square dancing. This is not where or how clogging began however.
- Disco - history of disco dancing.
- Flamenco and the Spanish Gypsy - History of Flamenco Dance & Music.
- Foxtrot - history of foxtrot.
- Hip Hop - history of hip-hop dance.
- Hip Hop - history of hip hop, rapping, graffiti and b-boying.
- Hula and Tahitian Dance
- Hustle - History of hustle dancing and New York Hustle.
- Irish Dancing - Irish Dance Style Stands Alone
- Jazz - history of jazz dancing.
- Mambo - history of mambo.
- Merengue - history of merengue dancing.
- Peabody - history of peabody.
- Polka - history of polka.
- Rumba - history of rumba dancing.
- Salsa - history of salsa dancing and music.
- Samba - history of samba.
- Swing - history of swing dance and Lindy Hop.
- Tango - history of tango dancing.
- Twist - history of the twist.
- Waltz - history of waltz dance.
- Western - history of country western dancing - two step, cowboy waltz, western swing and polka.
History of Dance VideoEvolution of Dance
by Judson Laipply. The funniest 6 minute dance history video you will ever see!Tap Dance History DVD
Dance Articles - Ballet, Ballroom, Tango, Tap, Disco, Hustle
If you have a history of dance that you want to share with our readers, please submit it to our webmaster. Webmaster Subject = Webmaster Info
Links to other web sites with History of Dancing:
- Don Herbison-Evans - History of Modern Ballroom Dances: Modern Waltz, Tango, Viennese Waltz, Slow Foxtrot, and Quickstep.
- History of Ballet - How ballet evolved from the courts of Renaissance Italy to the revival of interest in the 1960s.
- Polka History
Dance History on Videos and DVDs: (for sale in our online store)
Learn the dances from the Italian renaissance, Baroque, Victorian Era and 19th and 20th century dances. Learn to dance the Waltz, Gallop, Polka, Schottische, Polka Mazurka, Fox Trot, Horse Trot, Kangaroo Hop, Duck Waddle, Squirrel, Chicken Scratch, Turkey Trot, Grizzly Bear, Castle Walk, Tango, Maxixe, Hesitation Waltz, Minuet, Allemande, Contredance and more.
Buy Instructional Dance Videos and DVDs in our online store.
Social bookmarking (Google, Twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Yahoo ...), add to favorites or refer a friend.
Recommend this Dance History page to a friend - choose email in orange share box.